Bringing ICRA Expertise to Healthcare Facility Construction
The Old Dominion Group is proud to announce the launch of Old Dominion Healthcare Services, a new division dedicated to bringing best-in-class ICRA containments and expertise to a wide range of hospital construction projects.
ODHS is the culmination of over 20 years of experience working in active healthcare facilities building contaminants for asbestos remediation to protect patients and staff from construction contaminants as well as ensure operations at the facility could continue with minimal disruption.
CDC data reports that 1 in every 25 people who go to a hospital to get treated get an HAI (Hospital Acquired Infection). Not only are these infections a serious risk to patient health, they can extend patient stays by an average of 18 days, which has a major impact on a hospital’s operations. We recognized that our partners needed an expert in Infectious Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) Containments that could meet a wider range of projects. ODHS exists to meet that need.
We work closely with General Contractors and hospital Infectious Control Teams to perform risk assessments and ensure the proper containment is specified during the planning stages of the Interim Life Safety Measure (ILSM).
ODHS primarily constructs containments using top of the market, Starc System Hard Wall Barrier Panels. Starc Panels exceed ICRA Class IV and ASTM E-84 requirements and can be moved quickly to accommodate changing containment needs. Plus, they feature an insulated core to reduce construction noise and an aesthetically pleasing appearance to minimize disruption of facility operations. In order to ensure accurate and consistent negative-pressure in containment areas, we deploy OmniGuard Differential Pressure Monitors to provide real-time data.
ODHS 6 Steps for ICRA Excellence
1. Educate – ODHS works with stakeholders to establish an understanding of the importance of a top-of-the-line ICRA Containment in controlling Hospital Acquired Infections in a healthcare facility.
2. Design – Working from Life-Safety Drawings, we develop ICRA plans that go hand-in-hand with an Interim Life Safety Measure to provide effective containment solutions while minimizing disruptions in active healthcare environments.
3. Build – We construct an aesthetically pleasing Starc Systems Hard Wall Barrier containment while using 2” Rigid Fiberglass Duct Board above the ceilings to create an airtight seal.
4. Inspect & Maintain – ODHS ICRA Technicians provide daily inspections and maintenance of all ICRA containments, which includes monitoring pressure within containments, cleaning panels, changing sticky mats & pre-filters, and keeping above-ceiling barricades tightly sealed. Following our maintenance team, a dedicated Quality Control Manager provides weekly reviews and containment reports.
5. Monitor & Report – ODHS manometers generate detailed reports from pressure readings throughout the life of the containment and send alerts via text and email if containment pressure drops below required levels.
6. Deconstruct & Clean – Upon completion of the project, ODHS removes above-ceiling and hard wall barrier systems and thoroughly cleans the jobsite in preparation for final terminal clean.
ODHS is led by Landon Booth, who has worked on many high-profile hospital and healthcare facilities. He has extensive background in selective demolition, hazardous material abatement, firestopping, and ICRA Containments, as well as his depth of experience working in active hospitals, means Landon is an ideal partner for helping to ensure this vital aspect of your project is handled thoroughly, safely, and professionally.
In addition to our ICRA-specialization, Old Dominion Healthcare Services brings the full resources and experience of the affiliate companies within the Old Dominion Group. This allows us to bring multiple specialty services to a project to solve unique or complex challenges.
Old Dominion Healthcare Services is an exciting new addition to the ODG family, and we look forward to bringing our expertise, collaboration, and resources to help drive success for your next healthcare facility project.
For more information about ODHS, please contact Landon Booth (firstname.lastname@example.org).